Have you ever wanted to remove
Windows components like Media Player, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express,
MSN Explorer, Messenger...
How about not even to install them with Windows ?
nLite is a tool for permanent Windows components removal and pre-installation Windows setup. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines. With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install doesn't include, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.
- Service Pack Integration
- Component Removal
- Unattended Setup
- Driver Integration *
- Hotfixes Integration **
- Services Configuration
- Patches ***
- Bootable ISO creation
* - Textmode (CD Boot) and normal PnP
** - hotfixes with white icons, *KB*.exe, including update packs and Internet Explorer 7
***- supports generic SFC, Uxtheme, TcpIp and Usb Polling patching.
So far it supports Windows 2000, XP x86/x64 and 2003 x86/x64 all languages.
It needs .NET Framework 2.0 in order to run it... Check if you have it already, maybe on some of your CDs before downloading if your connection is slow.
- You must be running any 32 or 64 bit version of Windows. Windows 9x not supported.
- nLite needs .NET Framework 2.0 to be installed. If it is not you will be asked to do so uppon installer startup
- Alternatively you can download nuhi's Alternative Runtimes for nLite. These can be found on the Download page, however few people reported issues with it so if you get error popup on nLite startup then use full framework.
- Also, you need to have your Windows installation CD for the original Windows installation files
- Windows SP2: http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/9/0/59071318-c4b1-481d-8fd6-e4be9218e4cd/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ITA.exe
- xpsp2DeployTools - Per creare il proprio personalizzato file winnt.sif per l'installazione automatica
- IEradicator (eliminare Internet Explorer)
Guida in linea
Pagina 1: http://www.nliteos.com/guide/part1.html
Pagine 2: http://www.nliteos.com/guide/part2.html
Pagine 3: http://www.nliteos.com/guide/part3.html
Oppure qui: guida (pagine html), guida (pdf)